On the 18 June 2020 the Scottish Government published guidance for the tourism and hospitality businesses, laying out the steps we need to take in order to reopen and resume trading. We have achieved our Visit Scotland “Good to Go” badge in recognition that we are following government and industry Covid -19 guidelines.
With this in mind please note:
We are reducing our bedrooms available from 5 to 3 rooms for the remaining 2020 season.
- Good hygiene is vital by us and our guests. Hand sanitising stations are located outside the front door, inside the front door and in the guest lounge. Please use every time you enter and exit the house and public rooms.
- Face masks or coverings to be worn in the corridor by us and guests. Face coverings are mandatory in shops and on public transport in Scotland.
- There are a few more signs around the guest house to help.
- Full check in instructions will be sent to you before arrival including preregistrations.
- No more than 2 guests in the reception entrance at one time when arriving.
- On arrival rooms will be available from 4pm at the earliest to allow us extra time for enhanced cleaning.
- Keys are disinfected and sanitised.
No deposit 2020 bookings
- For the duration of 2020 we are accepting bookings without deposits. Our cancellation policy has been relaxed allowing you to cancel without charge up to 7 days before arrival.
- We ask that you follow the 2 metre social distancing rule within the house.
Our reviews through our online booking system rates our cleanliness as 5 Stars. We have received the highest possible grading from Visit Scotland with regards to housekeeping for the past fourteen years. Our standards have always been very high. We will need to take our cleaning to an even higher level.
- Full PPE equipment will be used whilst cleaning.
- We require all guests to leave the guest house whilst room cleaning is taking place. Guests staying more than one night need to vacate the house between 10.30am and 4.00pm.
- Our cleaning products have changed in line with government guidelines to include viricidal disinfectant EN14476.
- Bathrooms will be steam cleaned and viricidal disinfectant EN14476 used before your stay.
- All room folders, remotes, hair dryers and tea and coffee facilities will be cleaned, disinfected and quarantined for 72 hours in our new rotating system.
- We are leaving a 72-hour gap between guests staying in our Room 1(super king size bed) with minimum stays of two/three nights. Our other rooms will have a 24-hour gap minimum or more when possible.
- As well as washing all our bedding at 60 degrees wash, all pillows and mattress protectors will be washed and replaced for every new stay.
- Duvets, pillows and cushions will be quarantined for 72 hours and replaced with fresh ones.
- Soft furnishings will be steam cleaned, quarantined for 72 hours and placed with fresh ones in our new rotating system.
- A full deep clean of a guest bedroom will take place when guests depart. Whilst guests are staying there will only be the essential/minimal cleaning taking place in guest bedrooms as required.
- We will only have three tables in our breakfast room, these will be at least 2 metres apart.
- Opening windows to encourage ventilation where possible.
- Appropriate PPE will be worn by us at breakfast time.
- We will offer our full traditional cooked breakfast menu. Breakfast will be ordered the night before by completing our breakfast form, unfortunately we cannot provide our self-service cold bar, however we will include a wider choice on our breakfast menu.
- We will still offer our breakfast to go option.
- Regular cleaning of high traffic, high touch surfaces in the hallway and guest lounge.
- There will be a quarantine box for all maps and books touched in our guest lounge, removed daily and replaced only after 24 hours.
- If anyone in your household is experiencing symptoms of Covid 19 and are due to stay with us we would ask you please do not travel. If you have symptoms of Covid 19 whilst staying with us you must advise us and travel by car home immediately. If you have breathing difficulties, you should contact 111 and if risk of life dial 999.
Thank you for all your understanding, cooperation and help in keeping everyone safe.
We are here for you if you have any questions or need anything.